Beachcomber SOLD

By | 9:21 AM Leave a Comment


 12"x12'

Acrylic, collage and mixed media on wood panel

$300

Beachcomber is inspired by summer vacations spent on the beach with my kids. It reminds me of a big, blue sky, turquoise water and yellow sand all merging together in the bright, afternoon sun as my kids run around combing the beach for shells and other objects. There is feeling, atmosphere, emotion and mood.

 

This is mixed media abstract and acrylic painting on wood panel. My process involves building up layers of paint and collage as I express myself emotionally. I work on multiple pieces at one time exploring the same idea or theme in different ways. Working on many pieces at once gives me liberty to express myself freely without getting too controlling at an early stage. As I am working, each painting speaks to me differently. It is important to allow each painting to evolve naturally. When the meaning or idea emerges, I start to make decisions about color and composition to bring the work to completion.

 

Being an abstract expressionist, I don’t like to tell people what I was thinking while I am working on a painting because most of the time I don’t know myself. I just want to experiment and explore...discover the possibilities. I really would like for them to take away from the work what speaks to them. I don't want to put any preconceived ideas into the viewer’s head. That is why I like abstract pieces so much, the viewer can form their own conclusions and let their imagination run wild.

 



Share/Bookmark
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments :