Pond edge

By | 5:40 AM 4 comments
Large watercolor on paper
Approx. 20" x 30"
$ 250 (without frame)

This painting is done from a photo taken last fall at the Concord Chelmsford cranberry bog. Aquatic life at the edge of the bog is vibrant and colorful. The purple flower in this painting is a Blue Pickerel weed.
This broad-leafed water plant thrives at the edges of a shallow water of marshes, swamps, bogs, ponds, and protected areas of rivers where the water is slow-moving. The plant produces an abundance of lavender-blue flower spikes through the summer. Blue pickerel is a vigorous grower that sends its glossy leaves as much as 3 feet above the waterline.


Share/Bookmark
Newer Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. Oh how I wish I was that good with water color. I love that medium. I recently started experimenting with water colors to dye my wood pieces. This is very inspirational.

    nauticalowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan, i will be sure to check out your wood pieces.

      Delete
  2. Pls bring it to BC next week... If it hasn't already sold! denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Denise for visiting my blog and leaving feedback. I will bring it when it is framed.

    ReplyDelete