Macaw

By | 11:35 AM 4 comments

11" x 14"
oil on canvas board

I saw this beautiful bird in a hotel lobby in Puerto Rico this summer. The majority of macaws are now endangered in the wild. Six species are already extinct, and the Spix Macaw is now considered to be extinct in the wild. The Glaucous Macaw is also probably extinct, with only two reliable records of sightings in the 20th century. The greatest problems threatening the macaw population are the rapid rate of deforestation and the illegal trapping for the bird trade.
Share/Bookmark
Newer Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. I love the poses of these birds, and the backgrounds look great out of focus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sam, i thought that you had stopped visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely painting! My daughter is a big toucan and mackaw fan. They aren't easy to paint. I know this from experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Deb, i enjoyed painting it.

    ReplyDelete